John R. Goldblum, M.D.
Chairman, Department of Anatomic Pathology, Professor of Pathology,
The Cleveland Clinic Learner College of Medicine
Academic Profile at a Glance
- Received his BS, MD and did his AP Residency (Chief Resident) at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Fellowship with Sharon Weiss, M.D., University of Michigan
- Joined the Cleveland Clinic in 1993; Specialty in GI and Soft Tissue Pathology
- Named Anatomic Pathology Chair in 2002
- Co-author of Enzinger and Weiss' Soft Tissue Tumors, 4th and 5th editions; 6th edition to be released soon
- Co-Editor with Dr. Robert Odze of the 2009 textbook entitled, Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas, 1st and 2nd editions; 3rd edition coming soon.
- Series Editor of highly successful Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series (15 in total, now in their second edition).
- Series Editor of new series, Surgical Pathology Clinics (Elsevier); 10 books already released, with more planned on all topics in Surgical Pathology.
- Author of more than 270 peer-reviewed articles the majority of which are on GI and Soft Tissue Pathology.
- Served as Short Course Coordinator for USCAP and currently Chair of USCAP Education Committee
- Participated in numerous short courses in GI and Soft Tissue Pathology for Scientific Symposiums International, ASCP, CAP and USCAP.
- Serves on Editorial Boards of AJSP, Human Pathology and others.
More about the Anatomic Pathology Department
- One of the busiest of its kind in the U.S.
- Some 115,000 surgicals
- Some 95,000 cytology specimens
- Over 40 staff members
- Completely subspecialized department
- Pittsburgh Native
- Attended 68 Bruce Springsteen Concerts to date
- Cousin Jeff Goldblum is an actor
- Cousin Aaron Krickstein, formerly ranked Number 6 in World Tennis and Uncle to Morgan Pressel, youngest person to win an LPGA Major and currently ranked in Top 15 in World in LPGA Women's Golf
Most Important Achievement
- Successfully raising four children - Drew, Ryan, Janavi and Raedan and married to his wonderful wife Asmita for 22 years