Petra Milde, M.D.
Medical Director, Atlanta Dermatopathology - A PathGroup Company,
Clinical Assistant Prof., Dept. of Med. (Dermatology), Augusta Univ., Augusta, GA
Adjunct Assistant Prof. of Dermatology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Academic Profile at a Glance:
- Graduated from the University of Heidelberg Medical School in 1986
- Residency in Dermatology and Venereology, Heinrich-Heine University, Germany
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology, George Washington University
- Fellowship in Dermatopathology (Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Director Dr. George P. Lupton); Visiting Fellow in Dermatopathology - New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, Director Dr. A. Bernard Ackerman)
- Certification in Dermatology, Anatomic Pathology & Dermatopathology
- Clinical Assistant Professor in Medicine (Dermatology), Augusta University
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine
- Author of numerous publications on dermatology, dermatopathology and pathology
- Recipient of the Excellence in Teaching and Ten Year Service awards from the Emory Department of Dermatology
- Immediate Past President of the Atlanta Association for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
- Member of the Executive Committee of the International Society of Dermatopathology
- Dr. Milde is Dermatopathologist and Medical Director of Atlanta Dermatopathology - A PathGroup Company. Atlanta Dermatopathology has been Atlanta and Georgia's foremost dermatopathology laboratory for the past 50 years. The team is composed of six board-certified dermatopathologists trained in both clinical dermatology and pathology by superior academic experts. We are rigorously focused on driving optimal patient outcomes through high-quality diagnostics and personalized service from a single point of contact.
- Dr. Milde was born and grew up in Baden-Wuerttemberg, which is in the south west of Germany and borders with France and Switzerland. Baden-Württemberg is known for the Black Forest and the historic cities of Heidelberg and Freiburg.
- Dr. Milde has two bilingual, artistic and fun daughters: Adah (20) studies Industrial Design at Georgia Tech, Avril (16) attends the Atlanta International School and will be an exchange student in Dresden Germany this summer.
- Dr. Milde’s life partner Vincent Murphy is a theater director and playwright, and Petra hopes he will help her stage a Dermatopathology presentation in the future.