Curtis T. Thompson, M.D.
Associate Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Pathology and Dermatology,
CTA Lab, Curtis Thompson, M.D. & Associates
Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU)
Academic Profile at a Glance
- Graduated from Baylor University in 1986
- Graduated from Baylor College of Medicine in 1990
- Board Certified in Dermatopathology and Anatomic Pathology
- Balances career between dermatopathology diagnostics, with specialization in alopecia and nail pathology, and basic science melanoma research.
- Recently lectured at the London Dermatopathology Symposium
- Recent publication: Kolivras A. and Thompson C, Distinguishing diffuse alopecia areata (AA) from pattern hair loss (PHL) using CD3(+) T cells. JAAD 74:937-44, 2016 (May).
- History Committee of the American Society of Dermatopathology
About Your Organization/Department
- CTA Lab (Curtis T. Thompson, MD and Associates) is the only private dermatopathology laboratory in Oregon.
- My recent, productive alopecia research has been as the research advisor for a “Doctoral” candidate at l’Université Libre de Bruxelles, Dr. Athanassios Kolivras.
Most Important Achievement:
- Raising two children (now adults) while maintaining a productive, enjoyable career