Academic Profile at a Glance
Dr. Joe Rabban
- Graduated from Brown University in 1992
- Graduated from Harvard School of Medicine and Harvard School of Public Health in 1998
- Completed Anatomic Pathology residency, Surgical Pathology Fellowship and Cytopathology Fellowship at University of California San Francisco,
- Completed Fellowship in Gynecologic and Breast Pathology at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board certified in Anatomic Pathology and Cytopathology
- Director of the Gynecologic Pathology Fellowship at UCSF
- Co-director of Education Committee of the International Society of Gynecologic Pathology
- Member of editorial board of International Journal of Gynecologic Pathology
- Frequent lecturer at national and international CME conferences of the USCAP, ASCP, CAP, and IAP
- Published more than 50 research articles in gynecologic pathology, and numerous review articles and book chapters
About Your Organization/Department
- Im currently a Professor in the Pathology Department of UCSF where I sign out on the GYN subspecialty service and GYN consult service, working with residents, fellows and a GYN subspecialty fellow.
- I also conduct research in GYN surgical pathology, focusing primarily on pelvic serous tumors, fallopian tube pathology, and hereditary gynecologic tumors.
- My second career one day will entail entering professional culinary school and then becoming a food and wine educator.
- My third career one day will involve grad school in architectural history and then writing about modern architecture, culture and history.