- Graduated from Baylor University in 1986
- Graduated from Baylor College of Medicine in 1990
- Board Certified in Dermatopathology and Anatomic Pathology
- Balances career between dermatopathology diagnostics, with specialization in alopecia and nail pathology, and basic science melanoma research.
- Recently lectured at the London Dermatopathology Symposium
- Recent publication: Kolivras A. and Thompson C, Distinguishing diffuse alopecia areata (AA) from pattern hair loss (PHL) using CD3(+) T cells. JAAD 74:937-44, 2016 (May).
- History Committee of the American Society of Dermatopathology
My recent, productive alopecia research has been as the research advisor for a “Doctoral” candidate at l’Université Libre de Bruxelles, Dr. Athanassios Kolivras.
Raising two children (now adults) while maintaining a productive, enjoyable career.
CTA Lab (Curtis T. Thompson, MD and Associates) is the only private dermatopathology laboratory in Oregon. (organization)
- Dermatopathology in Paradise: Challenges in Melanoma, Inflammatory Disease and Alopecia
- Traditional New (Molecular) Tests for Identifying Infectious Agents (10/13/2016)
- Investigations in Melanocyte Movement and Proliferation (10/12/2016)
- Alopecia: Tissue Processing and an Algorithm for More Exact Diagnoses (10/11/2016)
- Panel: Common Sense in the Diagnosis of Lymphoproliferative Disorders (10/10/2016)
- Nail Unit Specimen Processing and Diagnosis of Common and Important Nail Lesions (10/10/2016)