Dr. Elizabeth Anne Montgomery is a professor of pathology, oncology and orthopaedic surgery at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. She specializes in gastrointestinal pathology and the treatment of bone and soft tissue tumors and reviews biopsy specimens from patients at Johns Hopkins and from around the world.
Dr. Montgomery completed her M.D. degree at George Washington University in 1984. Following her pathology residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, she served at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology until 1992, whereupon she joined the staff at Georgetown University with joint appointments in Pathology and Gastroenterology. She has been on the Johns Hopkins faculty since 1999.
Her research interests include several topics in gastrointestinal pathology, especially Barrett esophagus. Additionally, she has studied soft tissue pathology including telomeres in translocation-associated sarcomas compared to chromosome unstable types. She is board certified in anatomic pathology, clinical pathology and cytopathology. She is an author of many scholarly publications on gastrointestinal and esophageal pathology and has lectured nationally and internationally on these topics.
Published/In Press Peer-Reviewed Articles:
1. Linhardt RJ, Murr BL, Montgomery EA, Osby J, Sherbine J. Mechanism for diacyl peroxidase decomposition. J Org Chem 1982; 47:2242-2251.
2. Montgomery EA, Martin DF, Peura DA. Rapid diagnosis of Campylobacter pylori by Gram's stain. Am J Clin Pathol 1988; 90:606-609.
3. Martin DF, Montgomery EA, Dobek AS, Patrissi GA, Peura DA. Campylobacter pylori, NSAIDs, and smoking: Risk factors for peptic ulcer disease. Am J Gastroenterol 1989; 84:1268-1272.
4. Montgomery EA, Meis JM. Nodular fasciitis: Its morphologic spectrum and immunohistochemical profile. Am J Surg Pathol 1991; 15:942-948.
5. Montgomery EA, Meis JM, Frizzera G. Rosai-Dorfman disease of soft tissue. Am J Surg Pathol 1992; 16:122-129.
6. Montgomery EA, Meis JM, Mitchell MS, Enzinger FM. Atypical decubital fibroplasia: A distinctive fibroblastic pseudotumor occurring in debilitated patients. Am J Surg Pathol 1992; 16:708-715.
7. Kransdorf MJ, Meis JM, Montgomery EA. Elastofibroma: MR and CT appearance with radiologic-pathologic correlation. AJR 1992; 159: 575-579.
8. Fetsch JF, Montgomery EA, Meis JM. Calcifying Fibrous Pseudotumor. Am J Surg Pathol 1993; 17: 502-508.
9. Montgomery EA, Meis JM, Ramos AG, Frisman D, Martz K. Clear Cell Sarcoma: A clinicopathologic study of 58 cases. International Journal Surg Pathol 1993; 1: 89-100.
10. Fishbein V, Rosen A, Lack EE, Montgomery EA, Fleischer D. Diffuse hemorrhagic Gastroenteropathy: Report of a novel entity with differential diagnosis. Gastroenterology 1994; 106: 500-5.
We hope you find the new website to have all the valuable content and information you need.
Please let us know if you have any feedback!