- Graduated from Swarthmore College in 1982
- Graduated from University of Vermont College of Medicine in 1986
- Certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (1991) and Dermatopathology (1993)
- Past President of the American Society of Dermatopathology, Recipient of the Walter R. Nickel Award for Excellence in Teaching of Dermatopathology
- Select recent references:
- Course director and lecturer for numerous meetings of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatopathology, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, International Society of Dermatopathology and others.
- Board of Directors, American Society of Dermatopathology 2008-2013; Nominations Committee, American Society of Dermatopathology 2012-2016; Associate Editor, Journal of American Academy of Dermatology; Yale Appointments and Promotion Committees, Ad Hoc Task Force on Gender Equity, Co-Chair Status of Women in Medicine; Fellow, Trumbull College
Hobbies include hiking, sewing, quilting, reading, boating and time with family. Served as medical examiner in Virginia during residency.
I have had many career opportunities and enjoyed them all, but I am most proud of my family and my children.
- Ko CJ, Glusac EJ, McNiff JM, Rodic N, Leffell DJ. Squamous proliferations on the legs of women: Qualitative examination of histopathology, TP53 sequencing, and implications for diagnosis in a series of 30 cases. J Am Acad Dermatol 2017;77:1126-32.
- Panse G, McNiff JM, Ko CJ. Basal cell carcinoma: CD56 and cytokeratin 5/6 staining patterns in the differential diagnosis with Merkel cell carcinoma. J Cutan Pathol 2017;44:553-556.
- Levy L, Layher H, McNiff JM, Ko CJ. Dermatomyositis: histopathologic findings of parakeratosis and dermal edema revisited. J Cutan Pathol 2018;DOI: 10.1111/cup.13104.
- Ko CJ, Antaya RJ, Zubek A, Craiglow B, Damsky W, Galan A, McNiff JM. Revisiting the histopathologic findings in Goltz syndrome. J Cutan Pathol 2016;43:418-21.
- Alomari AK, Glusac EJ, McNiff JM. P40 is a more specific marker than p63 for cutaneous poorly differentiated squamous cell carcinoma. J Cutan Pathol 2014;41:839-40.
- Ko CJ, McNiff JM. Punctate pemphigus: an underreported direct immunofluorescence pattern. J Cutan Pathol 2014 Mar;41(3):293-6.
- Alomari A, McNiff JM. The significance of eosinophils in hypertrophic lichen planus. J Cutan Pathol 2014 Apr;41(4):347-52.
- Ko CJ, McNiff JM. Cutaneous metastases. Chapter 122 in Dermatology, fourth edition. Jean L. Bolognia, Ed. (Mosby Elsevier), 2018.
- From H&E to FITC: Update on Blistering Diseases (10/11/2018)
- New Concepts In Iatrogenic Dermatoses (10/11/2018)
- Immunohistochemistry Of Epithelial Lesions (10/11/2018)
- Diagnosing Melanoma In Situ: Traps And Pitfalls: Panel (10/10/2018)
- Uncommon Presentations Of Inflammatory Diseases (10/09/2018)