1981 - Senate Scholarship, U. Western Ontario
1985 - Wroblewski Award; Mosby Prize; Murray Cornish Scholarship
1986 - Xi Xsi Phi prize; Deans Honour List
1991 - U. Toronto Open Fellowship; Canadian Fund for Dental Education Award
1994 - International Association of Oral Pathology Award
1995 - International Association for Dental Research prize in Experimental Pathology
- White lesions in the oral cavity: clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2015 Dec; 34(4):161-70.
- Randomized Phase III Trial to Test Accelerated Versus Standard Fractionation in Combination With Concurrent Cisplatin for Head and Neck Carcinomas in the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 0129 Trial: Long-Term Report of Efficacy and Toxicity. J Clin Oncol. 2014 Dec 1; 32(34):3858-67.
- Oral mucus extravasation phenomenon with myxoglobulosis. J Cutan Pathol. 2014 Oct; 41(10):767-70.
- p16 Protein Expression and Human Papillomavirus Status As Prognostic Biomarkers of Nonoropharyngeal Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2014 Dec 10; 32(35):3930-8.
- Randomized phase III trial of concurrent accelerated radiation plus cisplatin with or without cetuximab for stage III to IV head and neck carcinoma: RTOG 0522. J Clin Oncol. 2014 Sep 20; 32(27):2940-50.
- Postoperative chemoradiotherapy and cetuximab for high-risk squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: Radiation Therapy Oncology Group RTOG-0234. J Clin Oncol. 2014 Aug 10; 32(23):2486-95.
- Ossifying fibroma in Buschke-Ollendorff syndrome. J Cutan Pathol. 2014 Sep; 41(9):740-4.
- Loss of the p53/p63 target PERP is an early event in oral carcinogenesis and correlates with higher rate of local relapse. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2013 Jan; 115(1):95-103.
- Discovery of specific ligands for oral squamous carcinoma to develop anti-cancer drug loaded precise targeting nanotherapeutics. J Calif Dent Assoc. 2012 Dec; 40(12):939-43.
- Low etiologic fraction for high-risk human papillomavirus in oral cavity squamous cell carcinomas. Oral Oncol. 2013 Jan; 49(1):1-8.
- Validation of methods for oropharyngeal cancer HPV status determination in US cooperative group trials. Am J Surg Pathol. 2012 Jul; 36(7):945-54.
- Tobacco smoking and increased risk of death and progression for patients with p16-positive and p16-negative oropharyngeal cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2012 Jun 10; 30(17):2102-11.
- 20q- clonality in a case of oral sweet syndrome and myelodysplasia. Am J Clin Pathol. 2012 Feb; 137(2):310-5.
- Impact of the 2009 influenza pandemic on pneumococcal pneumonia hospitalizations in the United States. J Infect Dis. 2012 Feb 1; 205(3):458-65.
- Clinical signs and histologic findings in dogs with odontogenic cysts: 41 cases (1995-2010). J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2011 Dec 1; 239(11):1470-6.
- Giant cell lesions of the jaws: does the level of vascularity and angiogenesis correlate with behavior? J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012 Aug; 70(8):1860-6.
- Two distinct routes to oral cancer differing in genome instability and risk for cervical node metastasis. Clin Cancer Res. 2011 Nov 15; 17(22):7024-34.
- Soft tissue tumors and common metastases of the oral cavity. Periodontol 2000. 2011 Oct; 57(1):177-97.
- Phase 2 trial of oxaliplatin and pemetrexed as an induction regimen in locally advanced head and neck cancer. Cancer. 2012 Feb 15; 118(4):1007-13.
- Dermatopathology in Paradise: Highlighting Oral Pathology, Soft Tissue Tumors and Lymphoma
- Panel: Oral Pathology (10/22/2015)
- Salivary Gland Tumors (10/22/2015)
- Odontogenic Cysts and Tumors (10/21/2015)
- Epithelia Dysplasia: Grading and Clinical Impact (10/20/2015)
- HPV and Head and Neck Cancer (10/19/2015)